As some of you know, I am leaving for a couple of weeks today and heading off to Dubai. This past January, I was in a similar situation and mad as hell that I was missing the NFL Playoffs. They have 8 sports channels that run 24 hrs and 7 of them were showing soccer when finally I stumbled upon the NFL game, only it was being called in Arabic with some guy screaming “YALLAAAA TUCHDAAAN”.
I hate that I am going to be away for the final part of the NBA season where its all about playoff positions or ping pong balls, but this time I am going prepared! Here is my Survival Kit for the next 2 1/2 weeks
- Set up iTunes subscriptions for “The Basketball Jones” – If there is only one thing you can make time for, this should be at the top of your list. An added bonus to the podcast is the awesome soundtrack laid down by JD
- Bookmark these blogs for game recaps : Ball Don’t Lie – Talkhoops – Slamonline – These guys got game recaps on lockdown so you will never have to read another AP story again.
- Set up a twitter account and follow the best NBA Tweeps who have taken over the “Twitterverse” (Some good lists of people to follow: List 1 List 2 List 3)
- Subscribe to NBA LP Broadband and if you are too cheap or simply too lazy (like moi) you can always catch games here or here
- Favorite the NBA TV Youtube channel to catch all the game highlights
- Check in on Elie Seckbach who brings the fiyah in candid videos with players in the League.
- Basketbawful’s Worst of the Night tells it like it is.. the bad the badder and the baddest!
- If you feel the need to vent with some rabid fans head over to the RealGM forums (Don’t blame me if you hate your team by the end of the experience!)
- Install some apps on your phone (Do not blame me for data charges!) to keep you updated with live scores – iPhone: Sportstap & Score Mobile – Blackberry: Viigo
On the Blog front: I doub’t I will get much time to write but I do plan to keep this place updated by running a photo series of my adventures in trying to find the perfect spot to catch NBA games – From Hotel Lobbies to TGIF’s